April is Stress Awareness Month
Published Date: 03rd April 2023
Stress Awareness Month aims to raise awareness of the causes of stress and promote ways to prevent and cure it. We all know someone who is stressed, or we may be suffering from stress ourselves and would like some support.
There are many options available locally and nationally including:
- The Health Work and Wellbeing Department runs a regular programme of activities, along with many other resources, which can all be accessed via the Wellbeing Hub on the staff intranet.
- The Stress Management Society are running a 30 day challenge throughout the whole of April, and their website includes a collection of resources including hints and tips, a daily destressing planner, a downloadable stress relief colouring book and more.
Here, in the library:
- We have a selection of self-help books available on stress and anxiety. They make up part of our Reading Well book collection. Pictured below are a few of the books we have for you to borrow.
- We also have a collection of UpLifting Books as well as fiction books, for those who just want a break and would enjoy some leisure reading.
- Our catalogue can be searched online and if you can’t get to the library to borrow books, we are able to send them out in the mail. Please email us to find out more at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- And we don’t just have books. If stress is an issue for your team or department, we have the Working Stress Game available for loan, or why not enquire about borrowing our Wellbeing Knowledge Box for your department, and have a box of books, information and free goodies delivered to your location to use for six weeks?