Library self-issue machine now working!
Published Date: 14th November 2023
We are pleased to inform you the self-issue machine is now connected to our new library catalogue, which we recently told you about https://www.knowledge-nw.nhs.uk/news/02October2023 and is working.
The machine is located at the side of the Enquiry Desk and to use it you will need a library barcode. If you don't have one you can either:
- call into the library and ask a member of the library team for one, or
- contact us https://www.knowledge-nw.nhs.uk/contact-us and ask us to send you one through the post
Here are the instructions for borrowing or returning books:
- Touch the "Borrow" icon
- Scan your library barcode by placing it on the shelf, where the red light is, or you can enter the number of the library barcode.
- Place the book(s) on the shelf and look at the screen to check that they have been issued to you.
- If you can't see the book(s) as being issued, please scan the barcode(s) of the book(s) - the barcode(s) will be a sticker and will be on the outside front cover or the inside front cover.
- Please do not scan the ISBN barcode on the back of the book as the self-issue machine won't recognise it.
- You can then email or print a receipt which will come out below the screen, but above the shelf. If you don't want a receipt, touch the finish button on the screen - this will log you out.
- You do not need to login to return books. Touch the "Return" icon
- Place the book(s) on the shelf, the book(s) details will be removed from your account. If the machine doesn't automatically remove the book from your account, please scan the barcode(s) of the book(s) - the barcode(s) will be a sticker and will be on the outside front cover or the inside front cover. Please do not scan the ISBN barcode on the back of the book as the self-issue machine won't recognise it.
- Once you have returned the book(s) you can then email or print a receipt for proof of return. Please place returned books on the trolley next to the machine.
Please note that you won't need to renew your books as they will automatically be renewed 5 times.
The machine is available to use 24 hours a day, please contact us https://www.knowledge-nw.nhs.uk/contact-us if you would like 24 hour access.